The module “Transformation of the social and political values: the EU practice” (TSPV) is a project, which is carried out by the department of comparative studies of RUDN University (formerly Peoples` Friendship University of Russia) within Erasmus+ Jean Monnet Module program since 2016.
The main aims of the module are:
- Promoting knowledge about Europe and the European Union in Russia;
- Improving studying and teaching (methods, techniques and quality) on European studies;
- Stimulating proliferation of European education experience and practices;
- Promoting research activity on European studies;
- Providing research and expertise on European studies (major focus on current trends in social and political development of the EU);
- Strengthening ties (networking) between European and Russian academic and research community;
- Enabling dissemination of European experience of modernization of social and political sphere.
The module has twofold destination: studying and research. Within studying component, the students of RUDN University as well as students from other Russian universities have opportunity to get basic and advanced knowledge on different aspects of social and political development of the EU. The research component envisages different types of scientific and research activity – staging research projects, making scientific publications and organizing scientific events.
The core principles of the module are transparency, affinity, professionalism and creativity.